Friday, November 20, 2015

Is passion worth paying for?

ONE persons PASSION is better than forty people merely interested. - E.M Forster

As we begin the construction of a project that I have been working on for about two and a half years.

That's a long time right?

I sure think it is, and we make jokes about how long it has been from the first time we spoke about this project but this project really shows how I feel about what I do.

I believe that at Pondtastic Water Gardens we have a passionate team of individuals that  professionally create living works of art. I believe that there are very few people that can do what we do to the level that we do it.

Can others see that passion..... some can , some can't.

When people make a choice to hire anyone for anything... is passion a determining factor?

I am not any different than any of you that are reading this.. I have to make purchasing decisions also.

I look at the same things you do..... cost, experience, references, completion time, etc.... but does passion enter into the equation?  should it?

Absolutely without a doubt yes !

Can you have a passionate auto mechanic? would it make a difference?
Can you have a passionate plumber ? would it make a difference?

I believe that anyone who loves what they do will do it better. I believe that  people will do the extra for the satisfaction of doing the job properly and not just doing enough to get by.


It wasn't until I had the opportunity to really watch my team interact with our customers that I really saw this.

Sometimes I will be sitting in my office working away and kind of eavesdropping on conversations taking place on the phone... it is great to hear the passion in voices of our staff. Can others hear it?

Sometimes we will be out on a pond build and I will watch one of our team search for the perfect rock to finish off the edge of the pond.. stand back and look at it ... pull it out and get a different one. Could they have left that rock there and started to work on something else?  Sure ! But he had a vision of what he wanted it to look like and he wasn't going to settle for anything less.

That's passion ... That's what you get when you pay for passion... You get a team of people that care,  that are concerned that will go above and beyond every chance they have. A team of people that take ownership!

So is passion worth paying for?



How to make your dream a reality?
If you’re considering adding a water feature to your home, CONTACT US for a free phone consultation. We can provide you with details, options for your particular design and budget.
Pondtastic is Orlando's only Master Certified Aquascape Contractor

Pondtastic serves all Central Florida Counties Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Polk and Brevard.

No comments:

Post a Comment