Monday, February 15, 2010

Gentlemen start your engines...

I am really not a Nascar fan but with the Daytona 500 going on yesterday  I did catch some of it on TV.

I dont know if you saw it or not but if you did not, the race was delayed 2x due to problems with the track.

Are you kidding me? Problems with the track?
To me the Daytona 500 is the biggest name in racing. (forgive me if I am wrong but that is just my opinion )
The big race that happens once a year... they have all year to prepare for this event and what happens....

Well I couldn't help but think that is how it works for me also. Ya see, we plan plan and then we plan but no matter what something happens... ( we have problems with the track )  a bearing goes out on the forklift, the battery goes dead on a truck, a delivery didn't come in on time, one of our team is sick or injured... I could go on and on.

Where am I going with all of this.... well to me it is all about your state of mind. Maybe it is due to the nature of what I do for a living and the lifestyle that we share with so many people but I find the victories in the things that go well or as planned. I take note of the daily defeats and try to adjust my plan for the future without dwelling on them or carrying them from day to day.

Each day is new and the possibilities for victories or defeats are equal. Sometimes all we can do is start our engines and get going!

I think we will have a victorious day !

No comments:

Post a Comment